After our blissful 2-week cruise through the Panama Canal to South America, we disembarked in San Antonio, Chile, drove inland to the capital city of Santiago, and happily settled in for 6 weeks of a summer "staycation" in the Southern Hemisphere. The weather was gorgeous, the city fun and easy to navigate, and our apartment was comfortable was great views all around of the Andes mountains.
1. Meeting wonderful people at church and being welcomed right in
2. Cultural Arts - accessible and affordable
3. Productive education filled days
4. Public transportation ease of maneuvering
5. Close proximity to temple
6. Spanish immersion with local church youth camps for kids
7. Moderate summer weather, great mountain views, and no bugs!
8. Planning 2019
9. Anticipating our next adventure to Antarctica!
(Click below right to read more . . . )
Plan? What plan?
Our first Gap Year was a fabulous "2017-2018 School Year" of travel: from the Netherlands to Jordan to Texas to Hawaii to Mexico to Central America to London and back to the Netherlands. Our "2018 Summer Vacation" took us all around Western Europe, back to the USA on a transatlantic cruise, a road trip through New York and into Canada, and ending up in Utah. We have now kicked off the "2018-2019 School year" with a trip to Asia. Follow along with us on our visits to new places, as well as revisiting some of our favorite places from our time living there. It's going to be great!!